So, since I’m into my fourth consecutive week’s worth of running, last night I thought it might be fun to take along my Garmin (gps speed+distance+googlemap device). Here is what I learned:
- I will not be setting any world records in the mile or marathon anytime soon.
- I now have a brand new benchmark for “slow”… I can only get faster!
- On the plus side, I’m definitely almost as fast as a three year old riding a Playskool tricycle.
- I think I look exceptionally bad-ass with two days stubble and a run’s worth of sweat dripping down my face.
- Upon removal of my running shirt, bad-ass illusion is replaced with that of a sweaty, mutant Pillsbury Doughboy.