A Passion for Running

Welcome to the home of Mark aka The Running Blogfather – a 40 year-old dad, husband and marathon runner who's beaten injury and is on the comeback trail!

Insert Creative Blog Post Title About Running Here

passion for running category: running on Thursday, January 6 2011

My consecutive days of exercise streak is now at six days, with five out of six of those days having been runs. In other news, I finally mustered the courage to stand on Lori’s scale and found that the news wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. I thought I’d be between 215 and 225, and it turns out I’m only 204.

Ok, “only” is a poor descriptor – especially when I ponder the fact that, at my peak training three years-ish ago, I was a minuscule 162. Now, 162 is probably not a weight I’d ever maintain for long so that’s not going to be my target weight.

My target weight – for now – is to be 180 by my birthday in June. That works out to a weight loss target of 24 pounds in 24 weeks.

One pound a week is very do-able, I’d say.

10 Comments »

Comment by Dawn - Pink Chick

Thursday January 06, 2011 @

OMG, he’s running, OMG, he’s blogging!

Good job Mark! Glad to see you back at both. And heh, we’re both on the same streak. Can you stick to 100 days with me?????

Comment by Mark

Thursday January 06, 2011 @

Right on, Dawn! Thanks, I will do my best to keep the exercise streak going with you. They won’t all be runs, but I will do everything I can to exercise every day. :)

Comment by Annalisa

Friday January 07, 2011 @

Welcome back to blogging, Mark!!!

Yes, this time of the year is ripe for weight commitments. I have made one, myself and have been working out almost every day so that I can get to my goal.

Just remember one thing: You can always begin again. There’s no failure in starting over, in anything. Failure is only when you are down and STAY down.

Good luck to you in 2011.

Comment by Perry

Friday January 07, 2011 @

We have very similar goals.

I started the year at 199 and am shooting for 180 by April. I also have a streak going (although it’s a few days longer than yours).

Good luck and keep us posted.

Comment by RS

Friday January 07, 2011 @

Good luck, Mark. I’m with ya. I’ve put on 20 pounds of “gas” fat. I need to join your battle – 20 weeks and 20 pounds? Why does that seem impossible?

Comment by Janice - The Fitness Cheerleader

Saturday January 08, 2011 @

Yay! Welcome back Mark!!!

Comment by Nate

Saturday January 08, 2011 @

Cool you have made it back. Good luck on hitting your target.

Comment by jank

Saturday January 08, 2011 @

Run, Mark, Run.

Good to have you back; hope I can keep up with shedding pounds, too…

Comment by Jon (was) in Michigan

Sunday January 09, 2011 @

Oooh, 180. I would like to be at 180 too. Good going on the six days, Mark. You’re doing better than I am.

Comment by natasha gibson

Friday January 21, 2011 @

I have been teaching fitness and yoga classes for the past couple of years, but have just recently took up running- I have been doing mostly interval training on the treadmill, do you think to gain endurance its better to stick with longer slower runs or stick with the interval training?

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI
A blue box by your comment means you do not have an avatar from www.gravatar.com!