Posted by Filed Under: Photos

2009-06-01-footprintsand1

This weeks photo was found in our Complete Running Nework Community Photos Pool and comes to us from Jeff (aka anaginghipster). Be sure to check out his other photos and his blog.

About Dawn - Pink Chick

For several years the only running I did was to run the annual 10k race in the spring. I got my best time when I ran hungover on only a few hours sleep. Finally one year I decided maybe I should really pick up running again on a regular basis and attended a running clinic. After finishing the 10k that year I continued to train and ran my first half marathon. That was in 2002. Later in 2002 I moved to Calgary where my running friends nick-named me Pink Lady, Pinko, Pinky and finally Pink Chick simply because I almost always wore pink when I ran. Truth be known I wear it almost all the time. I ran, well mostly walked, my first marathon in 2003. Since then I've run a ton of shorter 5/10k races, 9 half marathons and I added a second marathon in 2007 when I ran the San Diego RnR Marathon. Today I still run. I'm slow but I'm still out there and lovin' it. Someday I hope to join the Triathlon world.

1. Mark on June 1st at 6:32 pm

Did Jeff take this? Where is it? Wow!

2. Dawn - Pink Chick on June 1st at 6:42 pm

I believe his wife took the photos and it’s part of his Death Valley Sand Dunes photo set – http://www.flickr.com/photos/the_amazing_hip/sets/72157614880891814/.

3. jeff on June 2nd at 8:13 am

these are from a series of training runs meghan hicks and i did in death valley. we were preparing for meghans trip to marathon des sable and needed to spend some time running in the sand. the sand dunes at stovepipe wells were a perfect choice. meghan and i switched off with the camera, snapping as many shots as we could during the run.

meghan went on to race mds and took the second place trophy for the women.

jeffs last blog post..let it snow, let it snow

4. Blaine Moore on June 2nd at 10:16 am

Does anybody else find it humorous that Jeff’s last blog post is titled “Let it snow, let it snow”?

Blaine Moores last blog post..Lyme Disease Prevention for Trail Runners

5. Mark on June 2nd at 11:06 am

Ha! That is funny. I’m more concerned about yours though, Blaine!

6. Juls on June 2nd at 2:46 pm

Wow! This is beautiful enough to make me want to go there.

Julss last blog post..That’s what I’m gaggling about