Posted by Filed Under: Photos

Well it’s 40 below and off they ran…

Yes on Saturday it was -23C (-9F) but more like -40C (also -40F) with the windchill and still some 71 runners between the ages of 7 and 70+ finished either a 3 or 7k cross country event in Calgary. Would you be that brave or crazy to do it?

Photo courtesy of Kathy Taerum. Be sure to check out her other photos from the race of at Calgary Roadrunners.com.

Got a photo you would like featured? Leave a comment with the details.

Recent Posts from Dawn’s Blog

About Dawn - Pink Chick

For several years the only running I did was to run the annual 10k race in the spring. I got my best time when I ran hungover on only a few hours sleep. Finally one year I decided maybe I should really pick up running again on a regular basis and attended a running clinic. After finishing the 10k that year I continued to train and ran my first half marathon. That was in 2002. Later in 2002 I moved to Calgary where my running friends nick-named me Pink Lady, Pinko, Pinky and finally Pink Chick simply because I almost always wore pink when I ran. Truth be known I wear it almost all the time. I ran, well mostly walked, my first marathon in 2003. Since then I've run a ton of shorter 5/10k races, 9 half marathons and I added a second marathon in 2007 when I ran the San Diego RnR Marathon. Today I still run. I'm slow but I'm still out there and lovin' it. Someday I hope to join the Triathlon world.

1. Juls on December 15th at 9:22 pm

It actually looks fun.

Julss last blog post..Pennies from heaven

2. David A. Shaver on December 19th at 5:10 pm

That might just as well be here we just had one half inch of ice. They predict 3 inches of snow tomorrow followed by high winds and zero temperatures.

David A. Shavers last blog post..Sample Race Entry Form

3. Mike G on December 20th at 8:07 pm

No, I would not be able to do that. It got down to 45 degrees here in Vegas recently and I thought it was too cold to do anything, lol.

Mike Gs last blog post..gerald p.’s Review Of O’Sheas Casino – Las Vegas (3/5) on Yelp.com

4. Duff on December 22nd at 11:26 am

Me, me, me. I want to do it. Wait. Did you say it was in Canada. -40 is a spring day in Calgary. When was this picture taken? May? Okay, I’m still in.

Duffs last blog post..A Goof of a Training Weekend

5. Richard on December 22nd at 4:50 pm

That is beyond insane. I can appreciate the dedication but I would worry about someone getting seriously sick in those conditions. Big props to the people who were able to finish the race though.

6. Dawn on the Run » Silver Springs XC - Race Report on December 24th at 1:56 pm

[…] while I have neglected my blog I did manage to do a quick post about the race and feature a “Deep Freeze” photo from it over at […]

7. D. A. Shaver on January 3rd at 5:55 pm

I just put out a new photo slide show of the Kewanee, IL Run Your Ice Off 5k Run

D. A. Shavers last blog post..Kewanee Run Your Ice Off 5k Run 2008