Posted by Filed Under: Photos

Running skirts for women have become very popular in recent year. But skirts aren’t just for women.

2008-04-14-kiltrunner.jpg

2008-04-14-martinlei.jpgThis photo was found on Totally Richard Johnson’s Flickr site and was taken during the Flora London Marathon 2008. By the way, this race took place just yesterday. You can read about it over here or here. Martin Lel won the race and broke the six-year-old course record with a time of 2:05:15

Got a photo you would like featured, leave a comment.

Recent Posts from Dawn’s Blog

About Dawn - Pink Chick

For several years the only running I did was to run the annual 10k race in the spring. I got my best time when I ran hungover on only a few hours sleep. Finally one year I decided maybe I should really pick up running again on a regular basis and attended a running clinic. After finishing the 10k that year I continued to train and ran my first half marathon. That was in 2002. Later in 2002 I moved to Calgary where my running friends nick-named me Pink Lady, Pinko, Pinky and finally Pink Chick simply because I almost always wore pink when I ran. Truth be known I wear it almost all the time. I ran, well mostly walked, my first marathon in 2003. Since then I've run a ton of shorter 5/10k races, 9 half marathons and I added a second marathon in 2007 when I ran the San Diego RnR Marathon. Today I still run. I'm slow but I'm still out there and lovin' it. Someday I hope to join the Triathlon world.

1. duchossois on April 14th at 7:31 am

Sorry, but that looks ridiculous. The yellow singlet is wrong, wrong, wrong with that tartan, and the textures are a mishmash.

2. Blaine Moore (Run to Win) on April 14th at 7:55 am

Hope it’s comfortable, at least.

3. Duff on April 14th at 12:05 pm

With that much wool you need a sponsorship with Glide or Vasaline. BTW, you know what he is wearing under that kilt? His running shoes. 🙂

Duff’s last blog post..Space’s Victory:Jog into Spring Race Report

4. Audrey on April 15th at 4:21 am

I want one!!! That is so neat!

Audrey’s last blog post..My Two Boys!

5. Steve Hultgren on April 15th at 12:33 pm

Nice form!

6. Steve Hultgren on April 15th at 12:46 pm

Who makes it Nike or adidas?

7. Dawn - Pink Chick on April 15th at 5:45 pm

I just love comments. 🙂

Duchossois – I couldn’t agree more, he should be wearing a green tartan and some knee highs would have gone much better for socks.

Blaine – I’m thinking the skirt is likely comfortable compared to that bulky looking belt he’s wearing…lol.

Duff – I wondered what was under there as well but wasn’t sure I should mention it…lol.

Audrey – I’ve always liked kilts myself but not sure I’d want to run in one unless it
    was made of a lighter material…lol. Heh, good luck with your half marathon
    on the weekend.

Steve – Check the fine print…..I think it says Brooks….lol.

Dawn – Pink Chick’s last blog post..Mixed Bag

8. Richard Johnson on April 16th at 2:54 pm

Thanks for choosing my photo! 🙂 If you would like to see the rest of my photos from the Marathon visit Flickr:

9. Gusstrang on June 4th at 10:54 pm

That is not a skirt… it is a kilt