I’ve been happily watching the new, search-able Running Blog Family directory fill up. It’s been fun to watch. Here are some fun facts.
- So far out of the entire 1700+ member directory, 304 have submitted a new listing.
- We’ve got 7 members from Australia.
- 23 from Canada (Alberta and Ontario are neck n’ neck for the most out of the provinces and territories).
- 11 from the United Kingdom. Aside: CRN has a terrific following from the U.K.
- And we’ve even got members hailing from Denmark, Germany, Iceland, Slovakia, India, Ireland, New Zealand and the Philippines!
Of course, the biggest part of our membership comes from the good ol’ US of A with 260 members. Here’s how the great American RBF race is shaping up:
- We’ve got 9 from Arizona
- 34 from California! (lots of people from San Diego!)
- 7 from Connecticut (home of the famous Running Chick with the Orange Hat)
- 9 from Florida
- 6 from Georgia
- 15 from Illinois (the Oprah influence?)
- 6 from Indiana
- 9 from Michigan
- 11 from Minnesota
- 23 from New York (they won the Superbowl, but are behind California in this race!)
- 12 from Ohio
- 17 from Texas
- 9 from Washington
- And a scattering from most of the remaining 50 states!
Here are two more interesting facts: We have an almost perfect 50/50 male to female member ratio, and your top three favorite distances to race are, in this order, 1/2 marathons, marathons, and 5ks. Cool huh?
What’ll happen next week? Will California keep its lead? Will NY stage another great comeback? Will Arkansas break into the list? Will we see a new member from Japan?