Things you can do when you have a new baby in the house, and she stops you from running (babies have that power):
- Buy a jogging stroller. It will take a few months until she’s big enough to go in it, but you can immediately start dreaming about your quality time together.
- Rest. Remember, recovery is important.
Stretch. You can be three feet away from her and still get a perfectly good stretching session done.
Sleep. Any time. Any place.
- Keep carrying her. Carry a baby around all day and you’ll develop the biceps of a gorilla. That’s got to be good for running, right?
- Don’t plan for races in case she’ll stop you from training properly. Running without a race in mind can be fun and liberating.
- Don’t forget where your priorities will be for the next few weeks/months/years.
In case you’re wondering why I’m so baby-centric all of a sudden, here she is: Baby Maia, born on 2 November 2007: