Thanks everyone for your comments on my Chicago Marathon: Defending… post. It seems a lot of us were thinking the same thing.
After posting the article, I started seeing other blog posts written by people who had taken part in, or who were spectators at the Chicago Marathon, and it gave me an idea to collect Chicago Marathon story links and put them into a post.
So, if you:
- participated in the Chicago Marathon and wrote about it on a blog or forum (or know someone who did),
- were at the Chicago Marathon as a spectator and wrote about it (or know someone who did), or
- can point our readers to video footage (YouTube, Google Video etc)
Please leave me a comment making sure to include any links you’d like to share and then check back as I take all those links and add them to the body of this post.
The Chicago Marathon obviously has some big media (like the Chicago Tribune) in their corner. Let’s make this a jumping off point where people can learn about the other side – your side of the story. I’ll start things out below.
Chicago Marathon Stories
- The first story is on Tim’s blog
- Running Jayhawk shares her story here
- Thank you to CRN reader Dan for pointing us to Shump’s Chicago Story
- Anderson Runner wrote to tell us about his/her experience as a volunteer at one of the Chicago Marathon water stations. Thank you Anderson Runner!
- Mike shares his not so happy story here
- A spectator view from Mouse and Dice
- Check out Jul’s story here
- Here is The Hall’s experience
- Doug says he was ahead of the chaos and shares his story here