The Road Runners Club of America is the national association of running clubs, running events, and runners dedicated to promoting long distance running as a competitive sport and as healthful exercise. RRCA’s mission is to represent and promote the common interest of its member clubs, events, and individual runners through education, leadership, programs and other services.
- Looking for more details about RRCA? Select one of these links from the menu bar.
- Looking for a club in your new location? Select Clubs and click the state you live in for a list of registered running clubs.
- Looking for a race? Select Calendars. Then select the state to find events in that area.
- Coaches works the same way. To find a registered coach in your area simply click the state you live in.
- Services covers a number of topics from insurance to fundraising.
- They offer programs from coaching to kids running.
- Under “Running” find have tools and information for beginners, children and adults.
- “Rescources” contains items from managements to subscription.
- Finally, there’s “shop.” Now who couldn’t use a little retail therapy.
My favorite area is articles. Here they have information, tips and humor. Below are a few of the ones I read.
- Ever wonder what could go wrong at at a race? Then read Who Let the Cows Out.
- How come the U.S. is still using miles if they were supposed to go metric by 1980? Read more in If 5k Equals 3.1 Miles Then 26.2 Miles Equals?.
- What every runner needs to know: The Art of Spitting and Dancing the Jig.
- Something more of us should do: Marathon martyrs—It’s Time To Put Your Feet First.
- Go figure: Less is Often Better!
We are always looking for Web sites with great advice, tips and information for our readers or a blogger with an interesting story to tell. If you’ve got a Web site or blog you would like to see featured, leave a comment with the details.