Sorry guys, this week’s featured site is Running4Women. However, that doesn’t mean you won’t find items of interest there. A friend suggested this site to me. At first glance I wasn’t sure. I’m not one to pay for things when I can find them for free. So yes to take full advantage of the features on this site there is an annual fee of $19.50 to sign up.
That said there is still an abundance of information that is free for the taking. The colored area along the top provides links to the main areas available for free.
- Home – Offers a number of links in the menus listed on both the left and right hand sides of the page. There’s also a section for the Latest Features and Articles and you can even subscribe to them. Near the bottom are the Top Tips.
- Contact – Contains details on how to contact the club in a number of ways. I like that it also includes a link to submit your own tips or ask questions. You can even submit useful links. Of course, I had to submit the Complete Running Network. To see what links are already listed, head over to the links page.
- Product Reviews – On this page a number of products used by both men and women are reviewed. Ever have trouble deciding which sock to wear? Check out this review.
- Running 4 Women Club – Want to see more and pay the fee? Then check out this section. Here they list some of the great benefits of being a member—such as a buddy list, training logs, plans and more. If you do sign up let us know what you think by leaving a comment.
- Improve Your Performance – Here are a number of interesting articles on ways to improve your performance. Check out Tips & Tricks for some quick help. Did you know … “If you are trying to lose weight, make sure you get enough sleep. Chronic sleep deprivation hampers the body’s ability to process carbohydrates and boosts levels of a stress hormone called cortisol.”
- Health – Covers lots of female-related health issues such as “running while pregnant” to “eating disorders” to “injury cause and prevention.”
- Starting Out – Offers some great advice for those new to the sport or restarting after a long break. There are tips and articles.
- Events – Looks like they are still waiting to complete this section as there are no details or articles.
Got a Web site or blog you would like to see featured? Leave a comment with the details.