How Fast Will Lance Armstrong Run New York Marathon

Posted by Filed Under: Polls

[poll=6]

About Mark Iocchelli

Also known as the "Running Blogfather", I'm a 40-something marathoner who has beaten stress fractures and terrible shin splints. Now I'm running double the mileage with no pain - and I'm getting faster. I love to talk about running form and Arthur Lydiard. I also enjoy taking photographs, have a beautiful (and very patient!) wife, and am the proud father of two crazy kids. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or comments about the site.

1. Adeel on November 4th at 11:58 am

Oh Mark…

2. Chris on November 4th at 2:07 pm

DNF

3. Dave on November 4th at 4:22 pm

I think Lance will discover that running is not the same as cycling. He may have the highest VO2Max in the world, but without having run farther than 16 miles, he will be in for a shock come mile 22 or so.

4. Adeel on November 4th at 7:03 pm

A high VO2max is overblown. A fast marathon doesn’t have a lot to do with horsepower, but with fuel efficiency.

5. Jeanne on November 5th at 1:42 pm

I predicted 2:59:59. you can ask bex. I rule!

6. Adeel on November 5th at 5:44 pm

I’m disappointed that he finished. That would have been very pleasing. Oh well, my congratulations go out to him for getting under 3 hours. It was nothing personal, but constantly hearing about him got under my skin. On the whole, however, I’m sure that 45-year old Greg Fleming from Delaware, who finished 865th in 2:59:35, is a good person.

7. Blaine Moore (Run to Win) on November 7th at 7:40 pm

I know it’s already happened, but I’ve been saying all along that he’d finish in 3:15 so I picked over 3 hours anyway.

I passed him around mile 6, and he looked awful already. He had a huge number of sycophants crowding around him, and a motorcycle with a camera right in front of him. I know I wouldn’t want to suck down those fumes for the entire race.

I have more to say on the matter, but it’s going to wait until I get my own race coverage up at Run to Win now that my vacation is over.