Running Skirt Poll

Posted by Filed Under: Gear & Apparel, Outerwear, Women's Running

skirt.jpgHave you noticed more women sporting the new fashion-trend by wearing running skirts at your local races? I sure have. A few months ago I had the opportunity to review a running skirt claiming to have the high performance fitness of a short, but with a girly-girly style.

And I have to admit, for me it lived up to its name, both in function and in fashion—winning big points for not bunching in the crotch.

Note: If the poll does not respond (hangs), please click on the title of this post and try again.

[poll=4]

[poll=5]

Feel free to leave a comment and let us know why.

About Susan

I am a runner.I run to keep myself on track physically, mentally, and to ensure I do not spend all my money on shoes.

1. Run Momma Run on October 18th at 12:23 pm

I love my New Balance Andare skirt. I love it because it doesn’t ride up and I am no longer constantly tugging (discreetly or INdiscreetly) to pull riding shorts out of my crotch. I also love it because it is HOT in Arizona where I live and the skirt is, uh, air-conditioned. For me, function comes before fashion but it doesn’t hurt that the skirt is cute, too!

2. Jessica on October 18th at 7:07 pm

I love my Nike Running skirt and use it for every race I run now! I don’t always train in it but it’s become part of my race day ritual :)

3. iliketoast on October 19th at 2:17 am

I tried Katy’s running skirt and found the fit and comfort to be first class. Well done I give this product a 10/10.

4. Nancy Toby on October 19th at 8:32 am

Function? I don’t see any function at all in them. I see an extra piece of fabric flapping around and looking dumb. IMNSHO, of course.

5. Juls on October 19th at 9:03 am

I love my Brooks Running “skort.” It is great for longer runs because it has pockets that my running shorts don’t have. It is very comfortable and elimates the chaffing that I sometimes get on my inner thighs.

6. IHateToast on October 20th at 6:32 am

i’ve run a half and a full marathon in a skirt and both were personal bests. i wore runningskirts.com running skirts. as for extra material, there is less than a short with built-in undies and nothing wads up between the legs. AND i got more comments from women along the way than men. funny!
    why does equality mean women adopt men’s stuff (carpentry, pants, mechanics)? why can’t i be as tough even though i run in a skirt? loincloths are skirts, really. so i run in a pretty loincloth. grrrr!

7. Get Your Skirt On » Complete Running Network on April 11th at 6:00 am

[...] it’s that time again. Time to revisit running [...]

8. Veronica on August 28th at 2:50 pm

I want a new running skirt…what a fab idea